Edugaming 2013 Days 3 and 4 - Game Creation and Play Testing

So, I feel that I have a good start to my game:  Domain Rangers.

I don't have everything nice and pretty yet, so I will share all of that in another post.  This game will reinforce the topic of, you guessed it, Domain and Range given a graph.  My intention is for Algebra 1 students to play this game since this topic is listed for Algebra 1 in our state tests.

The past two days at the workshop were spent creating and play testing the games.  This takes time, especially when you need to create 25 different graphs that have numbers in the domain and range that are all used equally, make four sets of them (one for each county), the number cards (about 200 of those), and then of course the most important part, the rules of play.

I did have the opportunity to have some math teachers play test my game and I am excited.  We had a lot of great ideas and the social part wasn't too bad either.  Then I came home and asked my husband to give it a try.  My husband is not a math teacher or involved in anything Algebra-like.  But he got this game.  He even won.  I can't wait to hash out all the details and share it with you.

Comments

  1. WOW! I am excited to see what you come up with. I do not teach algebra but would love to get a copy for my 8th grade colleagues!

    Cheers,
    Jameson
    Lessons With Coffee 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment