May 2015 Stitch Fix Review

I love stitchfix.com and have a feeling that you women will too (sorry men, they only carry women's clothing...for now).  I imagine that many of you who read my blog are like me; full-time working teachers, who are moms and middle class.  I don't have time to drive to the mall and go clothes shopping, especially during the school year.  Even if I did have time, my children don't appreciate waiting outside dressing rooms patiently.  Not only that, but I seem to pick out the same items every year.  I mean really, how many black cardigans does one person need?  

Stitch fix is a company who sends you five pieces of clothing/accessories to try on in the privacy of your home, keep what you want, and send back the rest.  You are required to pay a $20 styling fee, but that fee turns into credit if you keep at least one item.  If you decide to keep all five items, you receive a 25% discount off the entire order.  Once you decide what you are keeping and sending back, you fill out a questionnaire about the items so that your next fix is even better.

I enjoy that I receive items that I wouldn't pick out for myself.  My stylist has been pushing me out of my comfort zone (in a good way) and I have been finding pieces that compliment my existing wardrobe nicely (black cardigans and all).

I thought I would share my latest fix with you all because I know some of you have been sitting on the fence about joining.  Perhaps this post may help you decide one way or the other.



I came home to see this on my front porch today.  Happy Dance!!
I must admit that I might enjoy the days leading up to the delivery of a stitch fix more than that actual day.  Anticipation is everything folks!





As soon as I opened the box and saw this dress, I knew it was a keeper.  The styling card that came with it suggested wearing it with a blazer.  Great idea!!  Yup, those are the tags hanging there.  
KEEPING THIS.


Kensie Carver Dress


Here is a closeup of the necklace.  I'm certain this would have overwhelmed me in a store and I would have walked right past it.  It sparkles a lot but the camera is not picking that up in the photos. This is a keeper.




Ah, the popular maxi dress. I'm not a fan.  I probably should have told my stylist this.  Anyway, I'm one of those people who likes a style long after its in style.  This dress will be going back.  That's my black lab Shadow photobombing me.
*Update*  I've been receiving a lot of comments about this dress, that I should have kept it.  First, I'm not in love.  I try to only keep clothing that I absolutely love.  Second, if I were brave enough to have my photo taken straight on, you would see how wide it makes my hips look.  Yikes.

Jakobe Chevron Print Maxi Dress


I think my facial expression says a lot here.  The detail on the shirt is interesting, but the cut makes my hips look WIDE (yes, I have a issue with hips).  The capris are nice but the fit wasn't quite right, you can see that they are a little baggy.  I will be sending back both of these items.  

Siena Capri Pant and Kahlo Embroidered Racerback Tank

If you are thinking about trying stitch fix, please consider signing up under my account, click here.  When you sign up and receive your first fix, I receive $25 credit.  I really appreciate all of you who have signed up under me already.  Thanks!  

Comments